Presenting a Conference Session on Zoom
Tips for success:
- Practice with a live Zoom session, even with a free account. You don’t need an audience, but you will see how Zoom affects access to other apps.
- Click your mouse or trackpad to advance slides when screen sharing in Zoom. Arrows and the space bar are disabled.
- Screen advance sometimes lags. Don’t advance twice accidentally.
- Use the “share sound” and “optimize for video clip” checkboxes as necessary when screen sharing.
- When sharing sound, use the volume function in the app or web page, not your computer volume, to adjust the volume for the audience.
- Have phone numbers ready to call in if internet audio fails.
- Turn off your camera if bandwidth is limited.
Presenting a Poster Session on Remo
- To check if your device is all ready to go, please visit https://remo.co/mic-cam-test/
- New to Remo? It’s like self-selecting breakout rooms in Zoom but with a visual table/map metaphor.
- Find your labeled table. You’ll talk to just those who choose your table.
- Yes, you can screen share, but only for video. To screen share audio, embed the media in the whiteboard.
- Remo provides chat tech help. We’ll also have MLA members available for tech help.
- Still daunted? Check out Remo 101 and the company’s video tutorials.